European safety and energy
The BOVINE collagen produced is 100% pure.
CLEAN LABEL BOVINE COLLAGEN
Our bovine collagen is a “Free From” product, so does not contain any type of allergen.
KOSHER & HALAL
Our facilities are Kosher KO and Halal certified.
Production directly from our bovine gelatine takes place in Italy and the Tuscan-based facility in Empoli.
The hydrolyzed collagen consists of amino acids that play an important role in development and health. More specifically, Lapi Gelatine hydrolyzed gelatine consists of almost 50% of Glycine, Hydroxyproline and Proline and contains various essential amino acids, such as Threonine, Valine, Phenylalanine, Lysine, Methionine, Leucine, Isoleucine and Histidine.
DID YOU KNOW THAT
essential amino acids are not produced naturally by our body, but are important for our organism and we should, therefore, take them?
- the amino acid in greater quantities in collagen, has nutraceutical functions, is a hepatoprotective agent, an NMDA receptor agonist and micronutrient and also acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, in particular in the spinal cord, brain stem and retina?
- one of the essential amino acids contained in collagen, among other things also promotes the function, growth and healing of healthy tissues and improves the activity of the immune system? Also, that it boosts calcium absorption, the production of carnitine and synthesis of collagen and is useful in the treatment of osteoporosis?
What is bovine collagen?
Bovine collagen is a protein formed by a long string of amino acids. It is responsible for the structure, function and mechanical properties of the epidermis, cartilage and tendons.
The human body, like most animals, naturally produces collagen. It has important benefits for:
- immune system
With growth and ageing, this production decreases and can lead to problems and therefore, to the need for intake from external sources.
Type 1 hydrolyzed bovine collagen, produced by Lapi Gelatine, is a pure source and extremely versatile for these needs.
Where does bovine collagen come from?
Bovine collagen is naturally present in the epidermis and is, therefore, extracted from cowhides. These hides, once washed and cleaned, undergo hydrolysis. Hydrolisis is a process that “breaks down” the long collagen molecule into shorter chains, known as peptides, with a molecular weight of between 1000 Da and 3000 Da.
Is bovine collagen safe?
Since it is a pure and totally natural protein, hydrolyzed bovine collagen does not have any known negative effects. On the contrary, there are scientific studies proving its efficacy and benefits to the body.
It is also a “free from” product, i.e. it is free from allergens and does not contain any preservatives or additives. It is guaranteed GMO free and free from purine and fats.
Lapi Gelatine also produces bovine collagen that is suitable for:
- oral intake
- pharmaceutical uses
- ood uses
- nutraceutical uses
Our products are capable of guaranteeing high safety standards in compliance with European laws.
What are bovine collagen peptides?
The collagen protein is “broken down” into smaller proteins called peptides by hydrolysis.
Unlike pure collagen protein which is not taken orally, peptides allow rapid absorption by oral intake. This allows greater efficacy and benefits to be achieved in less time.
What is hydrolyzed bovine collagen?
Hydrolyzed collagen, collagen peptides or hydrolyzed gelatin are all names for the same product.
How is it made?
The production process involves the extraction of the collagen which is naturally present in the cowhide.
It can be done in two stages:
- by first producing gelatin, and then, by hydrolyzing it to produce hydrolyzed collagen;
- in a single stage – starting from the raw material and directly obtaining the finished product.
The process includes an acid and/or alkaline enzymatic treatment aimed at “breaking down” the protein into smaller molecules, followed by the extraction of the latter with water. Lastly, the semi-finished product is dried with a spray dryer and then, purified and sterilised.
Inside Lapi’s factory in Tuscany, Italy
The Lapi Gelatine production facility is located in Empoli, in the heart of Tuscany, between Pisa and Florence and has been operational since 1966. The guarantee of an Italian product is one of the added values that the company can provide since it is synonymous with safety and reliability.
We are ISO- and FSSC-certified for the quality of the processes and work. We also offer Halal- and Kosher-certified bovine collagen for all our customers’ requirements.
Bovine collagen benefits
Bovine collagen has lots of benefits which have been proven through analyses or scientific studies as a result of the amino acids it contains: the collagen peptides are made up of 18 amino acids, 7 of which are essential (they are not produced by the body and must be assimilated with food).
Effects on the skin from the regular intake of bovine collagen include:
- helps to reduce wrinkles
- increase the brightness and suppleness of the skin
- reduce the visible signs of ageing
All that is linked to increasing the quality and quantity of the body’s collagen in the skin. But those are not the only benefits:
- It also strengthens nails and hair as well as helping them to grow.
- It also has benefits for bones and cartilage as it can prevent bone loss, help combat osteoporosis, be used to alleviate the symptoms of osteoarthritis and in cases of arthritis.
- It is an excellent sports supplement. Given that it is a pure protein, it increases muscle mass when combined with training which is why it is also used in cases of loss of muscle mass. It also helps with the assimilation of muscle proteins such as creatine and stimulates the increase in muscle during exercise.
- It is beneficial for the health and heart because it helps to reduce heart diseases.
- It also stimulates the metabolism and is, therefore, used in dietary products, thanks also to the lack of fats and sugar in it.
Why choose Lapi Srl as your trusted Provider?
Lapi Gelatine Spa was founded in the heart of Tuscany in 1966 with the goal of globally promoting a wide range of gelatins and collagen peptides derived from cattle and fish. In addition to its extensive experience in the industry, the company’s added value lies in the guarantee of European production, quality and safety.
We currently distribute our products in 52 countries where we collaborate via direct sales, distributors and importers, with some of the best-known pharmaceutical, food, nutraceutical and cosmetics companies in the world.